Can't turn on plugin

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    wildlukas
    wildlukas
    Participant

Hi,
    My problem is that I can’t turn this plugin on. Disabled all plugin even woocommerce and Yast seo nothing change. Plugin is installing well but after pressing button to turn on it’s admin panel is still loading. I’ve instale search lite the free version without any problems – working fine. It is first time that I cant instal plugin.
    Please help!
    all the best
    Lukas

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Lukas,

Thank you very much for the details!

I’ve logged in via FTP to debug through the plugin code to see where the issue is. It looks like that the internal WordPress wp_mkdir_p() function was not working correctly and timed out for some reason. I have placed a back-up code to the affected file, now it activated without issues.

I will make sure to include this fix in the upcoming release, to prevent this unpredictable problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

wildlukas
    wildlukas
    Participant

mate have some serious problem maybe not directly with plugin. After turn it on my server was filled up by same stuff. Site has only 16GB see screen shot Server support says it’s becouse of savig showed errors log maybe You now howv to turn it off in WP- turning off savings errors?

wildlukas
    wildlukas
    Participant

screen shot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    wildlukas
    wildlukas
    Participant

Mate, does funkcion wp_mkdir_p has something in common with open_basedir?
    Becouse have such a error:
    PHP Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/admin/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/usr/local/php56/lib/:/usr/local/php54/lib/:/usr/local/php55/lib/:/usr/local/php56/lib/:/usr/local/php70/lib/:/usr/local/php71/lib/:/usr/local/lib/php/) in /home/admin/domains/alitopbrand.pl/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1613\nPHP message: PHP

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

That is probably what the wp_mkdir_p() function was not working and it was not possible to activate the plugin, because there was already an exceeded disk quota, that explains it. The problem was very likely present before the plugin activation.

The error log is disabled in your wordpress installation, and it would report any errors when a plugin is activated. I don’t see any PHP error logs, or any other big files in the wordpress directly, everything looks okay there. I also checked the upload directory, that looks clean as well. I’ve looked any directory available, but nothing. Maybe you should try looking for big files via SSH. This issue might not be wordpress related, as I don’t see any suspicious big or high number of files yet.

No wp_mkdir_p() is different from that. That error means that WordPress is not able to check if a directory exists or not, because there is a restriction. The error is coming from the WordPress core. It very likely means that WordPress is not able to access the directories within it’s installation, I’m not sure.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wildlukas
    wildlukas
    Participant

Thank You Very much for Your help, i will try to fix it.
    All the best
    Lukas

wildlukas
    wildlukas
    Participant

Hello my friend,
    You are 100% right server support disable open_dir secure funcktion on my server and for now everything works fine so I’m going to have fun with my new search plugin.
    All the best
    Lukas

wildlukas
    wildlukas
    Participant

hi,
    i’ve just set plugin on my site and all I can say is just WOW, great feature and code. Search is running very well with 15 000 products.
    All the best
    Lukas

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wildlukas
    wildlukas
    Participant

The features of this plugin pay me back with extra bonus 🙂
    I will dare to suggest something on the future update. My last search plugin has very useful options in analysis report it was showing kay-words which was not found see screen shot.
    If You want I can sand You this plugin.
    Lukas

Attachments:
    wildlukas
    wildlukas
    Participant

cdn.

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much, that looks really nice. As an alternative, there is analyitcs integration available, and you can also enable site search tracking with it. Each search is counted as a separate page view, so you can do some statistics on the Google Analytics dashboard as well.

The built in search statistics are going to be re-worked soon. These screenshots look very nice, I will definitely use them as ideas.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.