Categories list not producing results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Categories list not producing results

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    crispdesign
    crispdesign
    Participant

Hi there, me again, for some reason the category list in my dropdrown is not producing search results. All the other custom taxonomies I created produce a result but not the categories. I have 4 posts listed, if you select just ‘swimming’ from the search list it shows no results but you can see from the screenshot that they all have ‘swimming’ as a category.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details!

I have logged in and changed this option for you: https://i.imgur.com/ifiWZVh.png
    By default the “unchecked” boxes mean exclusion, because in most cases they are checked by default. In your case you are looking to get results whenever a checkbox is checked, and for that this logic fits better.

You should be seeing the results from the selected taxonomy terms. Let me know!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

crispdesign
    crispdesign
    Participant

Oh excellent, thanks! I was playing around with that setting but wasn’t sure of it, thanks for explaining!

I have 2 more requests:

1) On Mobile I can’t see the scroll bar for the last facilities column, which could lead people to think there are less facilities than there are (I am on an iPhone 12 Pro) – although when I view it in mobile view on Chrome there is a scroll bar. How can I get it to show on mobile? (see screenshot)

2) Is it at all possible for the search columns to be individual drop downs, or is this functionality that your plugin doesn’t have yet? See attached my original mockup I designed before I built the site.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Great!

1. I assume that is mobile Safari or Chrome on IOS? On IOS devices (especially with Safari) the scroll behavior is determined by the browser itself, and it can’t be overwritten. If you check it on any android or desktop device it will be shown. Some IOS system setting hides it by default, although I am not sore if it’s changeable in the most recent releases.
    You can increase the max-height property to avoid the scroll altogether though.

2. Sort of yes, you can changet the display/filter mode for each taxonomy via these settings: https://i.imgur.com/PRoVNgp.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

crispdesign
    crispdesign
    Participant

Hi Ernest, thanks so much for your reply and ALL your help so far, I really appreciate it!!

1) Hmmm yes the scrollbar doesn’t show on my iPhone iOS on Safari or Chrome, but does show when I test it in mobile mode on my desktop. If I want to increase the max-height, can I do that for mobile only?

2) Ok, thanks for the screenshot, am learning lots!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

1. Sure, you can use a custom CSS, something like:

@media only screen and (max-device-width: 480px){
       .asp_sett_scroll {
          max-height: unset !important;
       }
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.