Categories page to appear in search results?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Categories page to appear in search results?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Participant

Hi – is it possible to have categories appear in the search results?

I am developing the site above and am wondering if it’s possible to include categories in the search results. Just to be clear, I don’t just want the search to have looked in categories and returned results from them, I want the actual category to appear as a result.

As an example. At the moment there are just two products ‘GR Abbott’ & ‘Abbott & Co’. If a user wants to see what ‘products’ are in Devon I want them to be able to put Devon in the search field and have the category page (http://staging.englishchurchartandarchitecture.co.uk/product-category/counties/devon/) appear as a result.

Is this possible?

Thanks
    Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes, that is possible. You are looking for these options.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Participant

Hi Ernest –

Ok – what am I doing wrong! I already had ‘product – Product Categories’ dragged into the taxonomies I want to include. However unlike in your screen shot where there is a slider for ‘return categories as results’, I have ‘return post categories as results’, i.e. not product categories. Please see attached screen shot showing my set up for Sources 2

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi,

I logged in to check, and I found the problem 🙂 On that same panel, in the exclusion box there were two items: https://i.imgur.com/91yjdhk.png
    That is not correct, as it requires numeric values (IDs), not the names or slugs. I cleared the option, and now it should work all right.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Participant

Ok perfect 🙂 – thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.