category and taxonomy terms

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support category and taxonomy terms

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jonathan
    jonathan
    Participant

Hi there,

i am trying to create the option for a user to click taxonomies alongside their search, and it’s not working.
    https://artisanmodern.com/berlinguide/kategorien-resultat

The search is within a custom post type and also limited to one category. I would like the user to be able to check options among custom taxonomies.

We are also working with Advanced Custom Fields. It will be great if it’s possible to display results drawing on custom fields as well.

Thank you for your help!

I have tried deactivating all plugins.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details, it helps a lot! Unfortunately I am not able to log-in to the back-end, either the username or the password is not correct.

I think I see the issue however, I believe you have the front-end options disabled, this is the configuration you are looking for probably: https://i.imgur.com/JLcCmf2.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jonathan
    jonathan
    Participant

Oh, thank you so much!

For future reference, I reset the password. It is: %ZCBrFjGwoOwK%n&KIf7O%US

jonathan
    jonathan
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m trying to have a magnifier on left and a settings/filter icon on right, and can’t get this to happen. I’ve tried all the layouts and I can only get one to show at a time. I notice both are visible on the layout at top right of your support page, so it should be possible… ?

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure it is, you can chane their locations here:
    – Magnifier: https://i.imgur.com/2RlIC7F.png
    – Settings icon: https://i.imgur.com/2RlIC7F.png
    These will do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jonathan
    jonathan
    Participant

Hi,

Ok, the problem was actually that I did not save front end search > “show settings” on . It seems that it’s necessary to save each time any change is made on any tab. The button which says “save all tabs” gives the impression you can make many changes and just click save once, but this seems not to work.

Next problem. I am trying to use a custom image for both the magnifier and the filters. But even if I save after each upload, I get the same image in both positions. Each time I select the two different images, when I check the urls next to “custom magnifier icon” and “custom settings icon” they are the same even when i select two different images and save after each one.

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Actually the tabs does not have to be saved separately, the options are saved on all tabs all of the time, regardless where the save is clicked. If you use any cache, make sure to clear it after saving, that would explain this issue.

Indeed, I can confirm there is a bug with the uploader. Strange this was not yet discovered yet. For now, I think you can bypass it by copy/pasting the image URL directly into the fields. I will make sure to fix this for the upcoming release.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

jonathan
    jonathan
    Participant

I tried copy pasting the url, but one seems to insist on overwriting the other one.

Thank you so much for your attention! I’m slowly getting the hang of the plugin!

jonathan
    jonathan
    Participant

A totally different question. The design of this site asks that the header reflect the selected settings>taxonomy. Is there any way to grab this dynamic data for display?

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m not sure what exactly do you mean by that. Can you please explain it in more details? Thanks!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.