Category Exclude not working on pages????

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Category Exclude not working on pages????

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alex Dowding
    alexdowding
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Since the update 4.9 I have been unable to exclude pages by categories. We use a plugin to add categories and tags to pages. I have also used the following code in function.php and disabled the plugin. The code works, but the search issue remains:

function myplugin_settings() {
    register_taxonomy_for_object_type(‘post_tag’, ‘page’);
    register_taxonomy_for_object_type(‘category’, ‘page’);
    }
    add_action( ‘init’, ‘myplugin_settings’ );

I can solve this issue by turning the majority of items into posts quite quickly. However, some items have to stay as pages so this isn’t really a complete solution. The issue is most pressing on search engines id=1 and id=2. The other engines are just copies configured slightly differently for mobile.

They can be found on the site /things-to-do/ and /help-and-support/

I have the category for pages support button switched on and categories excluded via the advanced tab, but I still have pages showing up in the results that shouldn’t.

Any suggestions or solutions would be gratefully received.

Great plugin. Thanks for your support!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the detailed description and the proper login details.

There was indeed an issue with the exclusions, simply it was missing from the query entirely. In this new version I’ve simplified the term related operations, but it seems like that I have simply forgot to handle this option.

I’ve corrected the mistake via FTP and of course this is going to be fixed in the upcoming release, so you don’t have to worry about loosing the change on update.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Alex Dowding
    alexdowding
    Participant

Ernest,

As ever your support is second to none. Absolutely brilliant. Solved in less than 24 hours. TOP Plugin. TOP Support.

Cannot recommend highly enough.

Kind Regards

Alex

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome Alex, my pleasure helping You!

I will close this topic and mark it as resolved for now, feel free to open another one if you find anything fishy with this new release.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Category Exclude not working on pages????’ is closed to new replies.