Category Search Slow

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cdpeacock
    cdpeacock
    Participant

Thanks for your plugin. It’s working a lot better than what I was using. I chose your plugin because it searches custom fields. It picks up on a lot of variations, but here’s an issue I’m wondering if you can help with. Probably just a setting change…

Example: search for a product with title “Golden Gate” which is by the designer “Roberto Coin”.

When I type brand name “CUSTOM FIELD” “POST TITLE” the product doesn’t show until the 2nd page, but when I type “POST TITLE” “CUSTOM FIELD” it shows at the top.

I need both variations to show the most relevant products at the top of the first page when user types the name “POST TITLE” with the brand (custom field) typed first or second.

I’m using a WooCommerce Brands so when I trigger the “Search in terms? (categories, tags)” to on, the above example works (both variations), but it makes everything crawl since my database is humongous.

Can you help?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon,

In your case, I would suggest trying the Index Table engine:
    Index table overview
    Configuring & Generating
    Enabling the index
    I strongly believe that in your case it would be beneficial, as all keywords would be organized by occurences to a single table, thus giving much much better performance overall, while using only the fraction of the resources.
    The index table engine calculates the relevance by keyword occurences, which is not possible otherwise. You can change field priorities on this panel, if you prefer some fields over others.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.