CATEGORY SEARCHES

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    orjense
    orjense
    Participant

Hi,
    The plugin is working great but I have few question.
    1) Is it possible to restrict the Search to only show and suggest items,information from the website/database and not suggest things that re not in the site? example. I have property listings on 3 zipcodes 11238, 11422 and 30327. But when you type in other zipcodes it will pull and suggest zipcode from all parts of the US.
    2) MOST IMPORTANT – My WordPress Theme (WP RESIDENCE) has the default wordpress category and a second Category which you can see under PROPERTIES in admin areas (PROPERTIES–>CATEGORY) This is the category that I will like users to search and also the category that I will like to show on the FILTER SETTINGS. Please let me know how I can show these categories.

Kind Regards,
    Hawkins

orjense
    orjense
    Participant

Please, I need your help with this ticket as soon as you could.
    Regards

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. It is not possible. The search can only use the statistics (previous search terms) or the google keywords suggestions database. A similar feature is going to be implemented in the upcoming version.

2. If you have a custom post type called “Properties” then is most likely has custom taxonomy terms as categories. These are not regular categories, they should be listed somewhere under the Frontend Search Settings -> Show the following taxonomy term selectors on the frontend

http://wp-dreams.com/demo/wp-ajax-search-pro3/docs/assets/images/image_36.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘CATEGORY SEARCHES’ is closed to new replies.