Category / Taxonomy filter not working properly

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Category / Taxonomy filter not working properly

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    roopjith
    roopjith
    Participant

Hi,

This login we provided is a first phase login to access the homepage. There you can see the search on left sidebar.

Click on the filter, unselect all the categories, and then check the video category and its sub category.

Search “portal”.

Search result shows the posts from faq category also which is not selected. Its the worng way result is showing.

Also it was not searching in the subcategorys of a selected category.

Let us know after you check the isseu.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I cannot log-in to the back-end to check your configuration, but I think you are looking for this option.

By default the plugin displays items that are not related to the filter items, by turning off that option, these items will not be displayed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

roopjith
    roopjith
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    roopjith
    roopjith
    Participant

Hi

any update on the issue? Were you able to check the backend?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you, I was able to log-in. I could not have access to the posts page to check which categories they belong to, but I suspect the results there are not connected to the unchecked categories (probably only assigned to child categories only).

In this case, try the ‘At least one of the selected terms should match’ logic here: https://i.imgur.com/bDrNFwU.png

That will make sure, to restrict the results to the selected categories only, regardless if the rest is excluded, so that only items matching at least one of the selections will be displayed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

roopjith
    roopjith
    Participant

Hi,

i tried selecting “At least one of the selected terms should match” option.

At that time its getting results for search term “portal” from video category.

But when other categories are selected, it still shows posts in video category only not the posts in other category.

I have enabled the posts and category options for the login. can you check again?

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you!

The part of the problem is, that for example the Technology category does not have any posts associated with it: https://i.imgur.com/hVjRAOM.png
    Selecting/unselecting that checkbox therefore has no effect, and the logic cannot be applied.
    This seems to be the case with other parent categories as well, like Videos and Technology, as they have no posts associated with them.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

roopjith
    roopjith
    Participant

so this plugin doesnt search in the sub categories in a selected parent category?

we cant disaply all the sub categories for out clients to click in the search. Thats why if selected parent category, we are looking for the posts in its sub categories also to get in the search.

Whats the chance?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately no, because those are not explicitly included. When a post is not within both the parent and child category, WorPress automatically assumes there is no connection to it. (otherwise it would not be possible to exclude them in the post editor)

There might be a solution though, using a custom code + using the At least one of the selected terms should match logic. In that case, all of the child categories will be added before the search process starts, if the parent is selected.

Add this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory (copy from line 3 only!). Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.