Certain Grandchilds of Taxo not showing up in Filter checker box Situation

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Certain Grandchilds of Taxo not showing up in Filter checker box Situation

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    wankhee93
    wankhee93
    Participant

Hello Ernest Marcinko,

As topic, please refer to screenshots.

Screenshot1: a situation where the Otaru(Grandchild) of Japan(Grandparent) is not showing up, same goes to Bukit Bintang.
    But all grandchild and grand-grandchild of Europe is showing.

Screenshot2: if i OFF Maintain term hierarchy, all is showing up.

i already tried to delete and rebuild the terms of Japan, but the problem of not showing grandchild is still occur.

Please assist to solve.

Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details. I could not see any search bars created – I assume you have a multisite environment, and the search bars were made by a super admin, but the account I logged in was a non-super admin, so I can’t see yours.
    I created a new one quickly for testing, but it shows the items nicely: https://i.imgur.com/hZMMNZm.png

Try clicking on the “+Show more options” button to see if you not excluded them by accident: https://i.imgur.com/FNAAVTk.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

wankhee93
    wankhee93
    Participant

Hello Ernest Marcinko,

Please login to our site and check again, previously i forgot to set you super admin. now you should able to see the search bars.

Regards,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Have you tried checking the “+Show more options” button to see if you not excluded them by accident: https://i.imgur.com/FNAAVTk.png
    Excluding a parent category can also cause issues, as some may remain orphan when reordering by hierarchy.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wankhee93
    wankhee93
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    wankhee93
    wankhee93
    Participant
    wankhee93
    wankhee93
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details!

1. It is intended, when the category is not checked, the child tersm are hidden, when this option is enabled. If you want to display the options when they are unchecked, then turn off that option and it will be resolved.

2. I have added a custom CSS to fix the alignment of level 4 and level 5 nested categories, it should be okay now.

3. I tried to look for a second one, but I don’t know which one is missing. I also checked the products back-end but there is only a single match for “monte”: https://i.imgur.com/amGNxEZ.png

4. You can refer to these tips for performance optimizations. After that, it depends on the server performance. Usually using filters will cause performance drops, as it need to create complex queries.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wankhee93
    wankhee93
    Participant
    wankhee93
    wankhee93
    Participant
    wankhee93
    wankhee93
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Oh okay, I get it now. Make sure to enable the search in taxonomy terms, that should resolve that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wankhee93
    wankhee93
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I meant my previous suggestion for the search – when searching “Monte” it should yield results, whenever that option is enabled.

Because the items are in multiple categories, by the default logic the unchecked categories are treated as exclusions. So if the parent is unchecked, it is automatically excluded. Try this logic instead: https://i.imgur.com/sZwwxmO.png
    It should yield a result even if only one category is matching.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wankhee93
    wankhee93
    Participant

Hello Ernest Marcinko,

Thanks for the prompt reply, thats solve the problem but it creates another problem where i cant use : Hide child terms, where the parent checkbox is unchecked

Because in the future there is hundreds of cities, so it gotta be troublesome later to identify the destinations, is there anyway i can hide the cities first until customer click on country?

Please help and advice.

Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.