Certain Products Are Not Showing

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Certain Products Are Not Showing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pyordanov1794
    pyordanov1794
    Participant

Hi there,

I want to ask you guys about a certain situation.

We have a medium-size e-commerce store. We have some products that have a certain keyword in them.

When someone types this keyword (eg. cars 1), only a few products show up. However, we have more than 150 products with this keyword. I am guessing it’s because of the logic we are using. (Primary – ‘AND with exact keyword’; SECONDARY – none)

Another thing is that when someone types this keyword – cars 1 – we have other products showing up. It seems like they show up because they have this keyword in their title.

What would you suggest we do here?

Change our logic to a least strict one or?

Our website we are referring to is https://woodmart.crystalnailsbg.com/. The keyword is ‘3step’. So when someone types this keyword it shows him kits of 3step, instead of individual products.

We would really appreciate your help here! Thank you!

If you need it, please log in to our dashboard.

Kind regards.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

Okay, I logged in and tried a few searches. I noticed that there is a difference in search results when typing “3step” or “3 step”: https://i.imgur.com/6m3VVS6.png
    The phrase “3step” gives less matches, beuse the word “3step” only appears on very few products. In most cases the words “3” or “step” are present.

I noticed you also have synonyms as a possible resoltuion, but that is not going to work here either, as synonyms only work as single keywords, and you rather want “3step” replaced with “3 step”.
    Less strict logic won’t help either, because the word “3step” will never match “3” and “step” in any scenario.

I believe this tutorial is what you are looking for. You rather want to replace the “3step” in the search input to “3 step”:

$replace = array(
        '3step' => '3 step'
      );
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

pyordanov1794
    pyordanov1794
    Participant

Thank you very much! This worked perfectly!

How can I use this snippet provided in the tutorial if I want to add other keywords like that?

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are very welcome 🙂

To add new keywords, use this sample for the $replace variable:

$replace = array(
        '3step' => '3 step',
        'word1, word2' => 'word3',
        'wordX, wordY' => 'wordZ',
        'abc, xyz, 123' => 'other word'
      );

.. and you can add as many lines as you want. The words on the left site, are replaced with the single word on the right side.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.