Chained Selection

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by curator curator 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    curator
    curator
    Participant

Hi,
    I am using your Ajax Search Pro for a new website I am building for a client.

They are a Cruise site and asked me to build a search facility for accessing the list of cruise ships. After using your search tool for searching through all their content (it is originally a news site) I thought the best option for this particular search UI would be to have a chained selection interface (rather than a search field).

This would mean the user would choose from a list of ship lines – for example P&O, Azamara, Carnival etc… then once the line has been chosen the second pulldown menu would populate with a list of the ships in that line – for example you choose ‘P&O’ then choose ‘Princess’ and the user would then be sent to the page P&O Princess.

Is Ajax Search Pro able to do this?

Thanks
    Huw Jones

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Unfortunately this is beyond the plugins capabilities. Dynamically updating filters are on the list of possible upcoming features, but I’m not sure when I’m able to implement a working solution.

I believe a plugin called FacetWP is the closest to achieving this, but I’m not familiar with it’s features.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

curator
    curator
    Participant

Thanks Ernest, much appreciated you prompt reply. I will have to keep looking.
    All the best
    Huw

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Chained Selection’ is closed to new replies.