Change isotopic icon and colour

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Change isotopic icon and colour

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    karlstatt
    karlstatt
    Participant

Hi,

very good plugin, first to say.

I think I’ve understand the most things, but I can’t find where to chance the colour and the icon type of the istopic results. Please have a look on the screenshot with description beside.

Kind regards,
    Carlos

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much.

That icon is a little bit tricky as it’s a vectorgraphic SVG image (to support 4k devices), and it’s currently not changeable on the back end. It’s been requested that I add this feature before, so it’s definitely going to be available in the upcoming version.

In the meantime I can explain briefly where you find the code that’s including the SVG element so you can change it:

If you open up the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/views/asp.shortcode.data.php file and check lines 5-13 you should see an SVG html element between opening and closing tags.

Basically that’s the icon in a vectorgraphic format.

You can replace that whole code with an image element if you have your own magnifier icon created,
    Or you can browse for the built in magnifier icons in the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/img/svg/magnifiers/ folder, where you should see like 7 different .svg files.

If you double-click it should be opened in IE or your default browser to show a huge magnifier.

If you like one of them, then open that svg file with a text editor and copy all of it’s content.

Now go back to the php file previously opened and replace lines 5-13 with this new code.
    It should be very similar in structure, only some number differences. After refreshing your browser you should be seeing the selected icon instead of the old one.

Sorry if it’s a little messy, I honestly forgot to add an option for that icon in the current version.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

karlstatt
    karlstatt
    Participant

Good morning, Ernest!

Thank you for the fast, kind and detailed answer. I will try to do as decribed.

And of course I’ll be happy to evaluate your plugin 😉

Kind regards,
    Carlos

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for the 5 star rating, you are very kind! Have a nice day!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.