Change Magnifying Glass Search Results Page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Change Magnifying Glass Search Results Page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lukeyosh
    lukeyosh
    Participant

Hello!
    I used the “‘Show more results..’ url” option in Ajax Search Pro to change my default search results to “?s={phrase}&post_type=product”. However, when the magnifying glass is clicked on from the search bar itself or when you press “Enter” to view search results, it goes to the default “?s={phrase}”. How do I make it so that they both go to the proper page?

Also, the magnifying glass icon isn’t showing up on the site page (koitee.com). It shows up fine in the preview (within the plugin options), but isn’t visible on the page. (It is visible, however, when I switch themes).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

-Luke Yoshida

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by lukeyosh lukeyosh.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Luke,

The magnifier is not visible on the top because the theme applies a 110 pixel line height to the top element, therefore it stays below it’s container. The fix is very simple, just use this custom css to override it for the magnifier:

.promagnifier .innericon {
        line-height: initial;
    }

To get the correct url, you need to change the Redirect to url? option as well on the General Options -> Behavior panel: https://i.imgur.com/qoBaKAU.png

I know it’s kind of confusing to have 2 different options for the essentially same thing, but too many people requested to have different url for the “more results” link, so I had to implement it 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

lukeyosh
    lukeyosh
    Participant

Thank you so much for the reply!

Everything worked perfectly!

Thanks for making such an amazing plugin.

Take care,

-Luke

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you for the kind words, and you are welcome 🙂

If you want, you can rate the plugin on your codecanyon downloads page, it’s greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.