changes to theme on back end not appearing on site

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support changes to theme on back end not appearing on site

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    russellfaust
    russellfaust
    Participant

Sorry to bother you with this, but I am unable to find solution in knowledge base or online search:

First: LOVE this plugin!! Does exactly what we need!

Second: we use Ajax Search Pro (ASP) in addition to woocommerce product search (will probably replace that box with ASP if we solve this problem) to limit searches to blog content only, and not show products with descriptions that contain the search terms in search results. Works very well!

Our problem is our attempt to change the theme. Color theme of the website is green & purple, so changed color of search box to purple to contrast with the green woocommerce product search box.

We have only one ASP search set up, have changed colors and icons of search box through ASP admin panel. The changes appear in the “preview” panel (image attached here), but do not show up on the front end, even after purging cache.

Will be glad to provide you with admin access given you email address, as well as set up an ftp account if absolutely necessary, but hoping we have simply missed some step that is obvious to all but a newbie.

Suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for your help, and thanks so much for a meticulously crafted plugin!
    Russ
    Russell Faust

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Russel,

Thank you for your kind words!

I’m assuming the changes are still visible in the preview window even after saving them. That means, the options are stored correctly, but something is wrong with either the CSS generation or serving process.

To fully eleminate the possibility of a cache related issue, let’s try the following:
    1. On the Compatibility Settings submenu, turn on the Force inline styles option: https://i.imgur.com/JrGcour.png
    2. Make a new temporary page and place the search shortcode there, and hit the preview button: https://i.imgur.com/8kKEgpN.png

This method will make sure that no cached content is served, as it’s a new page. If the color appears correctly on the preview, it means that there is still something cached, and serving the older files.

If the plugin coloring is still incorrect, then I will need to take a closer look at the problem. In that case I will need both temporary log-in and FTP credentials, I’m definitely going to have to debug through the plugin files – which I prefer doing via FTP for safety and performance reasons.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.