Click on this icon for search settings – Page Not Found?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Click on this icon for search settings – Page Not Found?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    EssexPaulo
    EssexPaulo
    Participant

Hi there,

I have just purchased the AJAX Search Pro which looks pretty smart but I haven’t managed to get very far into customisation yet. From what I understand, to start changing settings for each individual search you go into the AJAX SEARCH PRO tab, create a new search instance and then click on the settings button to change the details.

The link tries to access: http://www.local-ad.co.uk/wp-admin/admin.php?page=asp_settings&asp_sid=3

I get a PAGE NOT FOUND error. I have tried disabling all the plugins and using the original theme but it still doesn’t seem to like it. I have tried removing functions.php as well but it’s a mystery to me?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate this is fairly new to me and I may have made an obvious mistake.

Regards,
    Paul

• This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by EssexPaulo EssexPaulo.
    EssexPaulo
    EssexPaulo
    Participant

Not Fixed, the General options and all other settings for a particular search just don’t seem to function???? HELP!!!

So I don’t think I can access General Settings.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by EssexPaulo EssexPaulo.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by EssexPaulo EssexPaulo.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Let me check on that via FTP. This does not seem like an issue I have seen before.
    I will let you know once I find something.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

EssexPaulo
    EssexPaulo
    Participant

Thank you, I will leave it until you give me any tips as to what it may be πŸ™‚

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi again!

This took me way more time than I hoped, and I was able to get it to work, but I still don’t know what the issue exactly is. Let me explain.

At first I was suspecting that there might be a malformed .htaccess rule in the .htaccess file, that might be redirecting the page to the front, whenever a certain condition is met. I’ve tried to disable that file, but the problem persisited, and I don’t see any particular issue in that file, so I ruled that out.

Then, I suspected that maybe one of the files are corrupted, so I just simply deleted and re-installed the plugin, but this did not help either. I also checked the file structure, and it was perfectly fine, so this is not the problem either.

Then I went on and tried disabling the plugin modules one by one until I finally got the back-end to show, and this is where it got really weird. After some time I have found that disabling the typography options panel, so I assumed there might be a conflict with one of the files. This is already very suspicious, as I use very specific class and file names to avoid any kind of conflict, the chances are astronomical.
    Anyways, I have started disabling the options on that panel one-by-one, and after leaving only one option active it worked again. I assumed there might be some sort of error in the class file, which prints the font options to the page. Enabling more than one font option immendately yielded an error, so I went on to that file and tried disabling parts of it.
    When I removed some parts of the file it worked again – but here I got stuck, because there was absolutely no error within the removed lines, and even if I replaced them with simple text, it still didn’t work. Then I changed the printed text size and then again worked. So after a certain number of characters it failed. (?)

I concluded that perhaps there is some sort of output limit, which does not allow printing out content after a certain amount of characters. But I was wrong again, because if I disabled different modules (so the output became smaller), it did not work. So if that specific part of the plugin is not disabled, it does not work – however it does not matter what is outputted within that part, which does not make sense whatsoever.

This is probably one of the hardest issues I have ever faced, and I honestly have no idea what is causing this behavior. What I noticed that you have PHP 5.3.11 installed, which is a bit dated, it was released back in 2012. My only logical guess is, that there might be some sort of PHP related bug, that I’m not aware of, which might have been solved since then. I would suggest updating the PHP to a more recent version, maybe even PHP 7.
    I’ve also noticed a very low memory limit in the phpinfo, it is set to only 32M. While the issue is probably not related to that, but I would definitely recommend to change that at least to 64M or even 128M if possible.

The plugin will work without the typography options, which I disabled, the downside is that the fonts are not possible to change with the options, as those are disabled. Everything else should work. However if you want to change them (color, size etc..) I can construct custom CSS code for you, let me know if you need help with that.

I’m sorry I was not able to identify the problem, I honestly tried everything possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

EssexPaulo
    EssexPaulo
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you so much for your valuable time, I always seems to throw a spanner in the works somewhere. Not a problem to use the standard fonts so I am happy to continue with them as they are.

I am still getting used to the plugin but from what I’ve seen and of the course the excellent support I highly rate it!!! πŸ™‚

Thanks again,
    Paul

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

EssexPaulo
    EssexPaulo
    Participant

Dobre Rano Ernest,

Having had a little more time to spend using the plugin I keep finding new cool things πŸ™‚

I have another question, although if you want I’ll put it in another support query.

I want to include a check box for 5 other categories and use these in the search query (if possible). So for example:
    Category layout is like this:

Business Type (standard search)
    – Garage
    – Newsagent
    – Pub

Area (to be displayed as check boxes)
    – London
    – New York
    – Bratislava

If the user clicks on London & New York and types Garage in the search field, to only show posts in those 3 categories. (So Garages in New York & London).

Can this be done using your plugin?

Thanks,
    Paul

EssexPaulo
    EssexPaulo
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

The error came back so I updated my databases and PHP versions as per one of your suggestions.

This has cured the error and I can thankfully go in a edit the settings. Hopefully this will help in future if you ever see this sort of error again πŸ™‚

Thank you,
    Paul

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for letting me know Paul, I really appreciate it πŸ™‚

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.