Close compact search bar by click on document doesn't work

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Close compact search bar by click on document doesn't work

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    1Planet
    1Planet
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I decided to go for the compact box layout and I activated the option to close on document click. While it works properly on the desktop version, it unfortunately doesn’t on mobile devices. First I thought the problem is cause by something on my website, but I found out that your demo site has the same problem.

After opening the compact box on ajaxsearchpro.com in my desktop browser I can close it by clicking anywhere on the website, but when I use my smartphone I can just open the search and not close it anymore (just by clicking on the magnifier again, which is not really what I want).

Do you have any idea what causes this problem and how to fix it?

Regards,
    Thomas

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

May I ask what mobile device/browser are you testing on?

I just tried with Android chrome/IOS Safari and both seem to be working fine, the compact box is closing when I click on the document. It might be related to a specific device/browser, I’m guessing?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

1Planet
    1Planet
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thanks for looking into it. Well I’m using IOS and Safari, but I will ask some friends to check it with their devices. Once I find the cause of the problem and a solution for it I will update the thread here.

Thanks a lot and have a great day,
    Thomas

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

In the meantime I was able to re-create the issue, it’s indeed an IOS Safari related problem. My test phone was not updated to the latest version, once it was done the problem started appearing.

I’ve managed to fix this as well, but it requires significant modifications in the main JS file, which is compressed by default. So, I have rather made a separate plugin build with the fix included, which I’m attaching to this reply.

To install it, simply proceed as regular updates:
    1. Make sure to have a full site back-up before starting any plugin update, in case of issues you can restore everything
    2. Deactivate and delete the current search plugin version via the plugin manager (all the options and data will remain in the database)
    3. Install and activate this attached version via the plugin manager
    4. Clear all site cache including page cache, minify cache, CDN cache, cloudflare etc.. it may take some time for these changes to populate.

This version also features a known input ‘zoom’ workaround, which I can hopefully leave in the final release.
    I hope this does the trick!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

1Planet
    1Planet
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks a lot for the fix and I’m happy to say that everything is working fine right now!

Have a great day,
    Thomas

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.