Compatibility issue with Salient theme

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Compatibility issue with Salient theme

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kmcaloon
    kmcaloon
    Participant

Hey just wanted to report a compatibility issue. One of my clients is using Salient and looks like they have a function with the same name as one of yours. Here is the error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare current_page_url() (previously declared in D:\local\XAMPP\htdocs\novus\wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\functions.php:61) in D:\locals\XAMPP\htdocs\novus\wp-content\themes\salient\functions.php on line 1022

I see you’re checking to see if the function exists before declaring it and it looks like Salient is hooked after yours. Do you think the best solution would be to just get rid of the Salient function via my child theme?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

That would be a good solution I guess. The new search update is almost ready for release, which uses prefixed function names (including this one) to prevent these types of issues forever, so a temporary solution is also fine. (like commenting out the code, or removing it)

You can also edit the main theme to add the “function_exists” statement there as well, because after the search update, this function name will no longer be declared in the search code.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.