Compatibility with rarathemes

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Compatibility with rarathemes

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    cjouper
    cjouper
    Participant

We are using the theme Academic Pro from Rarathemes. When we activate Ajax Search Pro, the search box for the theme appears inside the search box for Ajax Search Pro, and we haven’t found a way to get rid of it. When we use the Customizer to turn off the search box for the theme, the Ajax Search Pro box also disappears. We much prefer the search results from your product, and wonder if there is a setting we are missing that will allow us to hide the theme’s search box.

We are using a child theme of Academic Pro, and our site is hosted on SiteGround. We can provide a login to the CPanel if needed, or I can set up FTP access for you if you prefer.

Thanks for your help,
    Cindy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Looking at the screenshot, it seems like it’s only a stylesheet issue there. I have looked at the URL provided, but I’m seeing the default theme active, so I cannot tell for sure.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

cjouper
    cjouper
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.

When I use Ajax Search Pro with other themes I am able to override the theme’s search with Ajax Search Pro. With this theme, the theme’s search box looks like it is embedded in the Ajax search box. In the screen shot the box with rounded corners is from Ajax, and the box inside of it is from the theme.

Is there code that I could use that would hide the theme’s search box and only show Ajax Search Pro? The results that I get are from Ajax. It is only that extra box inside that is distracting. I would be happy to send you a login to my cPanel if you would like to look at the stylesheets yourself. I’m just not sure where to look.

If you aren’t able to help, I understand. I will just go back to using the search that is built into the theme.

Thanks,
    Cindy

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Cindy,

I understand the issue, but it is not possible for a form element to be embedded in another form element (HTML specification rule), that is why I am referring to a possible CSS issue.
    From the looks of it, there is probably only a higher specificity CSS rule adding a top box-shadow/border to the input field. (it’s basically applying on the input field of the replaced element, causing the visual problem). The outside of the box looks okay, but the input field looks like to have the override styles from the theme. If I can see it, then I can probably suggest a small custom CSS snippet, that will remove that border 🙂

Let me know!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

cjouper
    cjouper
    Participant

Thank you for offering to look at it. I will try to figure out how to add an account to cPanel and get back to you.
    Cindy

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is probably not neccessary, it’s enough if you enable the theme and send me a link where I can see the issue for now 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

cjouper
    cjouper
    Participant

This is a link to the site with the issue showing:
    https://schoolsites.esd113.org/cresd113/
    Thanks!
    Cindy

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

This custom CSS code will resolve it:

.proinput form {
        border: none !important;
    }

You can apply this code to your theme custom CSS field (if it supports it) or use the custom CSS field on the search plugin back-end. Make sure to clear your site cache (if any) afterwards, and reload the page by hitting CTRL + F5 keys (to clear the browser cache as well).

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

cjouper
    cjouper
    Participant

That did it!! Thanks so much for your help.
    Cindy

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.