conflict with related posts pro

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support conflict with related posts pro

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    optimalpartners
    optimalpartners
    Participant

Hello,
    we are having problems with the search widget not showing on the right side bar and footer of the site, for single posts, when the plugin “related posts pro” is enabled.
    From what I can tack down, it seam to have something to do with what is going on in the global $shortcode_tags variable. the $m variable when function do_shortcode_tag() is called seams fine.
    Now the problem is not persistent. After refreshing the page once or twice the search widget tends to show up. This made us look for cashing problems during the last months with no success in solving the problem.

Se can setup a staging site and grant access if necessary.
    Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m not able to re-create the issue unfortunately, so I’m not sure what exactly is causing it. Can you please set up a staging site where I can check it directly? I suspect one or the other is disabling the search shortcode for some reason.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

optimalpartners
    optimalpartners
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the details. I’ve noticed that the Related Posts Pro version you are using is not the latest. Just about 10 days ago version 1.5 was released. Please try updating it (only manual updates are available yet), that should hopefully resolve this issue as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

optimalpartners
    optimalpartners
    Participant

Hello, we have updated the related posts pro plugin to 1.5. Unfortunately the symptoms have not changed.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I might have found the source of the issue, I’m not sure, because I cannot make modifications via FTP. To try my theory, please change the following:

1. Open the wp-content\plugins\related-posts-pro\includes\related_content.class.php file and navigate to line 1492, which should be this:

add_shortcode('wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro', array($this, 'return_empty_string'));

2. Remove that line, or comment it like this:

//add_shortcode('wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro', array($this, 'return_empty_string'));

3. Save the file, and go to the back-end and save the Related Posts Pro options as well.

Let me know if it helps, so I can investigate it further on my test environments.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

optimalpartners
    optimalpartners
    Participant

Yes it dose seam to work.
    Thank you very much. It would wave taken me some long hours to figure this out on my own.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘conflict with related posts pro’ is closed to new replies.