Conflict with Woocommerce

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by additive01 additive01 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    additive01
    additive01
    Participant

Hello,

Ajax pro was working fine until I installed and activated Woocommerce. With Woocommerce active, whenever I enter a search term, the ‘searching’ circle icon just spins round and round and doesn’t retrieve / display any results.

Can you help please?

Thanks

Blair

additive01
    additive01
    Participant

Hello,

I don’t think the problem is with your plugin – I think it is with the Woocommerce Stripe Gateway plugin. For some reason, with that active, your plugin stops working.

Have you experienced this before?

Thanks

Blair

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Blair,

I tried to install the plugin on my test environment, but it worked, so I’m guessing there might be something else involved as well.

Can you please check the log-in and FTP details? Neither of them seems to be working for me. I will try to enable the plugin, and debug the search process via FTP to see if there are any errors pointing to the right direction.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

additive01
    additive01
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I’m still having problems. Your plugin is now not working at all and looks like a failure to load the wp-admin ajax?

Is this something broken at my end?

Thanks

Blair

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Blair,

I just checked, but it seems to be working on my end. Was the issue resolved?

The admin-ajax failure usually indicates an issue during the execution, it’s very hard to pinpoint the exact location. It is rare and specific on each case. Please let me know it the issue persists, or if it happens on a specific phrase, or if a specific plugin is enabled. I will try to debug through the code via FTP.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

additive01
    additive01
    Participant

Thanks Ernest. I think the problem was a PHP memory limit server side. I’ve increased the limit and things look ok. Now I need to look at how many visitors my currency server setup can support 🙁

Thanks for looking at it for me.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome.

If I may suggest two plugins to help you out with caching your content. I use these on my demo servers, and they seem to work nicely together:
    W3TC -> I use this for page cache only, no minification
    Autoptimize -> This one is a great asset minification plugin

It will take a good amount of time to get them configured correctly, and they may not work for you as for me, but it’s worth a try in my opinion. Caching greatly reduces your server load.
    I also use Cloudflare as anothe layer of asset cache, it acts as a protection and alternative CDN to serve your image files and all other assets.

I only suggest experimenting with these, if your site is ready, and you are not planning to add more plugins or modules to it in the near future. Caching is great, but it’s main purpose is to serve the same content for all visitors, and it works the best if the layout is not changing too often.

I hope this helps you in some way 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

additive01
    additive01
    Participant

many thanks Ernest. I plan to use WP Rocket and Cloudflare – but as you suggest, just holding off until development is complete. Sounds like I’m on the right track 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.