Context searching

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gurub84
    gurub84
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m using Ajax Search Pro. I was wondering if it’s possible to contextualize the search results. So for example our site is a sort of blog. If a user is on a recipe, I would like the search to prioritize results in the recipes category, and conversely if they are in gift guides, prioritize gift guides. Is this possible using WordPress categories?

As well, I’m having another issue. The instant results under the search bar seem fine, but when I hit enter, there’s no search results coming up on the actual search page. Can you help me with this?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can do something similar to that. Check the priority groups feature, that lets you prioritize results from specific categories for specific search phrases or phrases containing a string.

For the results page, make sure the search results override feature is enabled.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

gurub84
    gurub84
    Participant

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s a general prioritization right? As in if I prioritize it, it’s prioritized across all pages? I would like to prioritize based on the current page is that possible?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Oh, I’m sorry I did not read thoroughly. I’m afraid that way it is not possible.
    I usually recommend a custom code where I can. I looked through the API to maybe construct something, but constructing priority rules programmatically based on page categories is not possible.

The closest possible coded solution is this.
    However, that is not what you need.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.