Copying search results. Results disappear when clicked anywhere on page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Copying search results. Results disappear when clicked anywhere on page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mhmmdrzaei07
    mhmmdrzaei07
    Participant

Hi there,

Two issues that I cannot resolve for https://geraldhannon.com/articles/ — passcode to get into the site is: gerald

1. we cant copy the text that is the search results. I think this is being disabled through javascript is there a way to make the text copy able?

2. when you click outside the box anywhere on the page, the results disappear. can we somehow make the results stay?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Try turning off the scrollbar script right here. As far as I know, that is using pointer event prevention because of scrolling. It should resolve the selections issue.

2. You can turn that behaviour of here: https://i.imgur.com/bGBFDHI.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mhmmdrzaei07
    mhmmdrzaei07
    Participant

Hi there,

I still cannot copy text — it seems its somehow disabled and what you recommended did not work. is there another way to approach this ?

Also wondering, is there a way to have all the results show on the page on load — then users can use search function to narrow down their search?

thanks,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

For the text selection, try maybe this custom CSS:

.asp_content * {
        user-select: all !important;
    }

It should force the correct selection behaviour on all contents within the search bar.

For the results, the auto-populate feature should do the trick. It lets you display a number of results on the initial page load.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.