Creating separate topics with drop-downs

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Creating separate topics with drop-downs

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    islasands
    islasands
    Participant

I’ve searched on the knowledge base and support/comments but can’t find my exact question.

Can I make separate Search boxes for specific categories?

I want to be able to search by by main topics. (I have 6)

I would like each topic – or parent category – to have a dropdown of all its child categories.

I’d like to display these topics across the top of my Homepage (www.adamlambertmedia.com)

The search filters would be like this:

CANDID ALBUM TOURS QUEEN TOURS INTERVIEWS DISCOGRAPHY ARCHIVES

Each of these would have a drop-down of the categories that belong to that topic.

By the way, your plugin is unbelievably good! I have been able to use it out of the box. I just need help with the above question.

Thanks

Isla

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Isla,

Thank you very much for your kind words!

I’m not sure I udnerstand correctly, but I guess you want to create 6 separate search boxes to restrict the search to content from one speific parent-child category each. I believe this is what you are looking for: https://wp-dreams.com/knowledge-base/searching-within-given-categoriestaxonomy-terms-only/

Then I guess for the filters you can create the taxonomy term filters for each search box, by choosing which categories to display for each search instance on the Frontend search settings -> Categories & Taxonomy terms panel.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.