Creating synonyms for search terms

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Creating synonyms for search terms

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Craig DeStefano
    Ckdestef
    Participant

Hello,

I need to create synonyms for certain search terms. For example, ATP=AutoTrim Pro. I have looked through the documentation and cannot find it.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
    Craig

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

Currently it is not yet possible on the plugin back-end, it’s an upcoming feature.

However there is a programatical way with a custom code. This is only a very simple “replace” solution, use it by adding it to the functions.php file in your theme directory (from line 3 only):

Basically, all you need to do is to change the $mapping array variable to the items you need. To the left side is the word you want to replace, to the right goes the replacement. You can add as many as you want 🙂 I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Craig DeStefano
    Ckdestef
    Participant

Ernest,

Thanks! However, I actually found a work-around in the product inline settings. By adding a keyword in the “Additional search tags for this post (space separated)” field on the product page. The search is now coming up. I attached a screenshot.

http://bennetttrimtabs.com/search/

Thanks,
    Craig

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Creating synonyms for search terms’ is closed to new replies.