CSS code being pulled in search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support CSS code being pulled in search

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jeffl42509 Jeffl42509 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeffl42509
    Jeffl42509
    Participant

I did some further research after recording the video below and it appears that the search is somehow pulling in css code from the page.

I know this because I searched a specific hex color code and it generates results. Again I’m using the exact match filter and only searching “content.” Any ideas on this one?

Thanks!

https://www.loom.com/share/bb66dd34b3224e55a95cdf71e0ca4ed3

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff!

If the CSS code is stored within the post content field within the database, it is basically treated as text on the database level, where the query is executed on. The database query cannot make a difference between useful and “irrelevant” text, therefore it matches that.

There might be a solution for this however. There is a secondary engine, the index table engine. It is basically tries to index the useful content on the pages – paragraph texts, titles etc.. and exclude all scripts, styles and other possibly irrelevant information.
    This and this documentation chapters should include all the information you need, including video tutorials.

This should hopefully help eleminating some of the irrelevant content from the search.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Jeffl42509
    Jeffl42509
    Participant

Ok got it thanks for the fast response!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.