CSS for theme option no effect

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support CSS for theme option no effect

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mary Michael Mary Michael 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mary Michael
    Mary Michael
    Participant

i can’t get the theme option to work. No icons appear as well. I have made the folder CSS and CACHE writable. Pls help ASAP. TQ

Mary Michael
    Mary Michael
    Participant

the suggestion search also not working when i type anything, nothing appear

Mary Michael
    Mary Michael
    Participant

sorry, it appeared but taking too long for it to appear. Pls help 🙁

Mary Michael
    Mary Michael
    Participant

another thing is that the thumbnail doesnt appear as well as in the attachment

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mary Michael
    Mary Michael
    Participant

ok hi again. Sry i have solved the above problem. Now the only problem i have is it is very2 slow to see the suggestion. Pls help

Mary Michael
    Mary Michael
    Participant

another problem is that if i search for ‘about’ for example and click the search icon, it doesnt go to the search result page

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Indeed it’s slow, something is most likely blocking the ajax request. Can you provide temporary ftp access as well? (you can edit the 1st post for that) I can’t tell what is causing the search to be this slow. It should react in 1-2 seconds based on your site speed.

I might only answer tomorrow, it’s 1AM here, and I’m leaving the office.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Mary Michael
    Mary Michael
    Participant

Fulltext setting also not working. It shows error “”MyIsam tables are disabled, fulltext search not available!”

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It’s because you need MyIsam SQL tables to work with fulltext, and you most likely have InnoDB. But unless you have like 20000 posts you won’t need fulltext indexing – there is no noticable difference. Please don’t change the database engine unless you are experienced with relational databases.

The slow is most likely caused by a conflict or an unknown error, without ftp access I’m not able to tell.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Mary Michael
    Mary Michael
    Participant

Oh dear. The search result page is not working -> http://128.199.163.228/catzmedia/?s=about

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The results page is coming from the theme, not the plugin. The plugin does not affect the default results page…

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Mary Michael
    Mary Michael
    Participant

Hi there,

Here’s the ftp access :

*** (removed for security reasons)

Appreciate the help. TQ

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko. Reason: security
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I can’t seem to find the directory you suggested. Perhaps the login does not have access to it? Here is a screenshot of what directories I see: https://i.imgur.com/87Uhqa3.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Mary Michael
    Mary Michael
    Participant

Hi,

The link file is as given -> /usr/share/nginx/html/catzmedia/wp-content/plugins

Please copy paste the above at the ftp url. TQ

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you, that worked!

The search shold work now as intended. The problem was, that the server was not permitting to use a custom ajax handler, so I restored the original that points to admin-ajax.php. Perhaps this was a security issue.

Anyways, you should see the results now. I have never seen so fast server as your in my life.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.