CSS importants

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aishak28
    Aishak28
    Participant

Hi,

we are using Ajax Search Lite version now, but we bought Pro version and want to use it. We have custom styled Simple red theme in Lite version, but when we switch to Pro version, everything is gone. Your css override our styles with !important storm and we cannot override it. asp_load_css isnt also working cause it removes completely every style. Plugin still regenerate css files in uploads/asp_upload like style.instances-ho-is-po-no-da-au-se-is.css which makes no sense and simply crash our styles. I need just simply switch to Pro version without style shitstorm. Is it possible to do it? Thank you

Best regards,
    Aishak

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Aishak,

The Pro and the Lite versions are completely different plugins, so users can revert back if they chose to.

Because the Pro version has many more features, the CSS class names and the structure may differ. There is a feature to “import from lite” when creating a new search instance, which will import the custom settings from the lite version.
    If you had some custom CSS, that will not work, because the class names and the DOM structure is different in the Pro version, because they are separate plugins. It is not the !important, but the class name differences. There are however many more styling options on the back-end, so there is a good chance you can almost do everything you had in custom CSS.

It still might be possible to fix some of the custom CSS you had, by changing all instances of “asl_” to “asp_” in it. If you have the custom CSS, I can take a look if you want to.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Aishak28
    Aishak28
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I send u image file, where the !important style is. Mainly it is in input field padding style which makes text overflow to left from input and I cant change it by my custom style code. And it’s not only padding but much more styles here which cannot be overwritten. I also tried to remove this CSS file, but ofc it regenerated again.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You should not be putting your custom CSS into the files directly – any plugin update will clear them either way. Either use your theme custom CSS field, or some themes have a custom.css file, or your can also use the plugin custom CSS input (Theme Options -> Custom CSS).

You can still override !important rules with higher specificity CSS rules, for example.

div#ajaxsearchpro1_1 .probox .proinput form input.orig {
        margin: 12px !important;
    }

However I rather recommend adding margins either to the parent form or to the .proinput element if you can. The !important rules are there for compatibility reasons.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.