Custom Content on WC Product Pages Not Working

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support Custom Content on WC Product Pages Not Working

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by DaveN DaveN 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    DaveN
    DaveN
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

We discovered recently that when we try and set custom content in RPP on product pages, all number of problems arise. I have been able to reproduce two of these on our staging site. In both of these cases, we have chosen 5 products to display.

On https://southeastasiabackpackercom.bigscoots-staging.com/bookings/golden-triangle-tour-india/ only four of the 5 show. We have never managed to get 5 to show on any product page when choosing custom content.

On https://southeastasiabackpackercom.bigscoots-staging.com/bookings/castaways-island-halong-bay/ nothing is showing at all. We actually had set custom content on the live version of this page and then realised the next day that any click on a tab, booking calendar, anything, caused the page to jump up to the top and nothing happen, meaning nobody could book,

On the staging site I have given you a log in for, all other plugins are disabled. Only WooCommerce and RPP are running. I tried in Twenty Seventeen and that also didn’t resolve anything.

There are currently no images on the staging site. Everything looks odd as such, but this is not an issue caused by the plugin. We just didn’t copy the whole database over.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

All the best

Dave

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the details, there indeed seems to be an issue.

Can you please check the FTP details? It is working, however I think it is linked to a different server (maybe live?), as if I change anything within the plugin files under the public/wp-content/.. directory, it does not seem to have an effect. Please let me know.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

DaveN
    DaveN
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you for your response. I will contact my host about this as the FTP details are definitely the correct ones for the staging site, and are different to the live site creds. I’ll get back to you as soon as they have answered me.

DaveN
    DaveN
    Participant

It just occurred to me, that we might have to clear OP Cache for the changes to take effect. If you enable WP Rocket, it allows you to clear that cache from the dashboard (it will mess things up for non-logged in users, but everything should appear fine for logged in users). Could that be the solution?

DaveN
    DaveN
    Participant

This was the response from the host

Hello there,

I have cleared cache on the server. Could you please check now?

Please do let us know if you are still facing any issues. If so let us know the exact steps to recreate the issue from our end so that we can assist you in a better way.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

DaveN
    DaveN
    Participant

I’ve enabled WP Rocket, so next to the security tab in the top of the dashboard WP Rocket appears. If you hover, it gives you the options of clear cache and clear OP cache. I think OP cache is the important one here.
    I have attached a screen shot that shows where it should be found.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much, that worked.

I found both of the issues. On the first URL, there was a problem with the filter, for some reason some post types were still excluded. I have made a ‘fake’ configuration to include both products and product_variations within the filters. It is not visible, since it’s not enabled, but it does the trick.

On the second URL, the override was not enabled, it was set to nothing. I have changed it to ‘custom content’, now it’s working as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

DaveN
    DaveN
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Perfect! Thank you very much! If you don’t mind, can we keep this ticket open for another day or so, so that I can test everything out on the live site and check this false filter tactic works for us on there?

Also, perhaps I could ask your advice on the automatic selection RPP makes on product pages…

Because we have product pages for actifvities in lots of different places, the most logical grouping of recommended products would be by location. So if we have a product page for something in Bangkok, it would be best if the recommendations are also in bangkok. However, we don’t have category pages for cities, only for countries, and we would have to allow for suggestions to come up for places where there’s only one activity. In this case, the suggestions would have to be in a different place, but still as relevant as possible. I tried to think of the best way to achieve this, but I found it difficult to think how. Would using custom fields be a good idea?

Any advice on that you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

Tough question, but I think that custom fields it probably the best option here. It gives you the freedom to enter new values anytime, altought changing the name of one city will not change all cities. For that, taxonomy terms are probably better. It is up to you, what you prefer to have.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

DaveN
    DaveN
    Participant

Thanks Ernest! I’ll have a play around and see what can be done.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.