Custom Fields Relevance

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ciarangaffey ciarangaffey 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ciarangaffey
    ciarangaffey
    Participant

Hi there,
    Is it possible to assign relevance values or priorities to custom fields?
    Thanks
    Ciaran

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Ciaran,

It is possible with if you use the Index Table engine. On the Relevance Options -> Index Table Engine you can change the Custom Field weight value: https://i.imgur.com/amozAIx.png

It does not mean however that certain custom fields are more relevant than others, it means that if the search phrase matches something from a custom field value, it’s relevance is determined by this weight value. Unfortunately it is not possible to assign custom relevance/priority to certain custom fields.

I’ve looked if I can suggest any modification, but the relevance is calculated based on value matches, and at that point in the query there is no information about the custom field keys, only values – therefore it’s not possible to assign a custom priority information to them, I’m sorry.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ciarangaffey
    ciarangaffey
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the information. Do you think this is something that will be implemented in the future?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome. To be honest, I would say probably not, because I’m not sure if it’s possible with the current structure. I’ve noted this as a request, will definitely look more into it though.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ciarangaffey
    ciarangaffey
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.