Custom Fields using Same Name but different Values

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Custom Fields using Same Name but different Values

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    moses_mutua
    moses_mutua
    Participant

Hi Support, thanks for this great plugin, it has helped me a lot.

I am working on a Lawyers Firm website. The firm has more than 40 Lawyers, with some having more than 3 Expertise. So I have pages for each Lawyer. What I have done is I have assigned the expertise with same Custom Filed NAME ‘select_expertise’ but Different VALUE. See attached.

Now on the front-end search, when I select an Expertise say ‘Arbitration & Mediation’ from the drop-down menu, the results only shows the lawyers whose Expertise ‘Arbitration & Mediation’ appears as the first option on admin, if its the second on admin its ignored on results.

How can I get it to show the lawyers no matter what order the expertise is

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    moses_mutua
    moses_mutua
    Participant

Hi Support,

Any progress on my problem

rgds

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sorry about the late response, but I had to investigate this issue on my local environment to see if I can re-create it. It looks like this is a bug, that the custom field filters indeed not work with multiple custom field values on the same key.

I have come up with a solution, but it requires a change directly in the plugin code in order to solve it. If you want, you can do this for yourserlf as well:
    1. Before editing any files on your server, make sure to have a back-up
    2. Open up the following file on your server via FTP: wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\includes\classes\search\class-asp-search-cpt.php
    3. Replace it’s contents with this: https://goo.gl/HCBsXN
    4. Save the file and it is done.
    In case of issues, just restore the original file.

If you need help with this, feel free to update your ticket with temporary FTP access, and I will do it for you. I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

moses_mutua
    moses_mutua
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.