Custom Post type content embedded on Multisite pages

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Custom Post type content embedded on Multisite pages

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jgalicia
    jgalicia
    Participant

I manage the WordPress Multisite for, and we use Ajax Search Pro as the main site search. We have two custom post types (providers, locations) on the main site that control our Doctor and medical office data. We can embed them as a short code through WP Bakery on any site in our multisite.

Is there a way that Ajax Search can read this data while it’s embedded in a page? For example, we have the doctors and locations listed on the following pages:

/orthopedics/meet-our-docs/

/orthopedics/locations/

But if I try to search by a doctor’s name, it will only appear if I have the main site also being searched on the Orthopedic site, and the result will redirect to the main site’s profile page for the doctor -the corresponding orthopedic page does not display.

Here are a couple of things that I’ve noticed on our install that might be contributing to this:

1. on any of the additional installs, it looks like the searches will populate/share across the network, but the index table does not. I’m not sure if the search is using the index table from the main site, or the subsite.

2. the custom post types are embeddable on any site, but they only live on the main site: they are not duplicated across the network.

3. If I create a search on the main site and I want to use it on a subsite, I have to first open up the search settings on the subsite and hit “save” for the changes to apply to the subsite (even though I don’t change anything). I noticed this when I changed styling on the main site and it did not populate across the network, even thought the settings were visibly correct on both the main and subsite settings.

Any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated! Because of security I can’t give admin access (it requires VPN) but I’m happy to supply any data/screenshots/etc you need.

-Jess

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jess,

This might be impossible to tell without access, but let’s give it a try.
    – Does this happen on live search results or when the results are redirected to the results page?

The index table is shared across the installations, there is only one table, where the blog IDs are also noted. The save/styling issue might be only how the browser cache is forced to be cleared by a query string during the save process.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.