custom redirect url

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    popprl
    popprl
    Participant

On the page http://nsiteam.com/publications/ I have an ajax search pro instance in the sidebar and I want the search results to land on the webpage instead of in the sidebar area which is currently happening now. I had it working properly in the prior version of ajax search pro but with the most recent update on 2.20.17 its not working properly now.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you mean like redirecting the search results to the search page? Because this is what I’m currently seeing. Was it resolved, or is the issue something else?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

popprl
    popprl
    Participant

hi Ernest, yes I want to redirect the search results to the search page but not in the sidebar area where it is going now but instead in the main body of the search page.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I think I understand now. You don’t need the live search, but only redirection to the results page. I’ve logged in with the details provided and disabled the live search function: https://i.imgur.com/uVUnNXN.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

popprl
    popprl
    Participant

no, the live search is not the issue, the issue is the search results used to show up on the main area of the Publications page in the previous version of the plugin, but now the search results show in the sidebar area of the Publications page, this I don’t want, I want the search results to show up on the main area of the Publications page (i.e., on the left hand and middle part of the page not the right hand part of the page which is the sidebar area).

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I see now, but this is not related to this plugin update, but probably a theme update. You must have had the results shortcode placed somewhere on the publications page – either within the page editor or in the theme source, so it was displayed there.

I’m guessing that the theme update probably reset that file and the results shortcode is no longer there anymore. In your case you had most likely this code placed somewhere in the theme files:

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

popprl
    popprl
    Participant

this exact issue is happening on two websites that I built using two completely different themes, but both sites are using the same plugin and both sites experienced the same issue when I updated the plugin.

can you tell me which theme file would I place that shortcode above? I place it there and see if it works.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I don’t know how is that possible, the plugin never had a feature to place it’s results anywhere else without using the results shortcode, that is required to place the results elswhere. I have tried to re-create the issue on 4 environments, but the only thing affecting this is when the theme is updated and the shortcode gets removed.

I would tell if I knew, but every theme is very much different from one another, that is why I cannot make tutorials on this topic. From what I can see, that is a category archive page (?). So I’m guessing it’s either the category.php or the category-archive.php or archive.php file in the theme folder. This is just a guess, many themes use very different structures from that 🙁

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

PS: Don’t forget to back-up everything before you make changes to the theme files directly!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.