Custom search results / W3 Total Cache

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Custom search results / W3 Total Cache

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tjldesigns
    tjldesigns
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I hope you’re well :).

I just have a couple of queries for you please, please see below:

1. Is it possible to add sort of custom overrides for a specific keyword search? So like a sort of override for specific search word(s) / string(s), whereby if someone types in say ‘Tax’, we can control exactly which results are to show up for this particular word?

Basically our client has a selection of specific search word(s) / string(s) where they want to 100% control the results these output, in turn overriding the standard search result/logic just for these exception word(s) / string(s).

Please can you let me know if that is possible? 🙂

2. When we purge cache sometimes via W3 Total Cache it causes the search forms to lose their styling/functionality and they just display as a basic/raw search field and button. When this happens, if we just purge the cache again, it then resolves this, but as it does keep happening across a few different sites of ours and I just thought I would check with you to see if you were aware of this and if there’s anything we can do to stop it?

Thanks ever so much for your help and support as always,
    Tonya

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Well not exactly like that, but there is a priority groups feature, that may help you achieve something similar. You cannot hand pick the results for phrases, but you can prioritize some matches over others.

2. You might have a CDN (like cloudflare) + Minify cache enabled + Browser page cache, so the browser may serve previously cached pages (wich is the main purpose of cache) with minified files that no longer exist when the cache is cleared.
    From the plugins perspective there is nothing I can do about it, as the plugin stylesheets are registered just like any other ones, it is up to the cache solution to handle them. Usually clearing all layers of cache one after the other should do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

tjldesigns
    tjldesigns
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks so much for your quick reply and support as always, that’s all great thank you, and much appreciated, we will have a play around option 1 and see what we can achieve :).

Many thanks again,
    Tonya

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for your kind words Tonya 🙂 I will keep this topic open for now, in case you have any further questions.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.