Date Filter default values

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Date Filter default values

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dpotter0540
    dpotter0540
    Participant

Hello! I’m building a site for a client on my local machine. For the Date Filter, when the user is at the search page and views the filters, the default values for “Posts From Date” and “Posts To Date” are set to January 1, 2018. Is there a way to have different default values? I’d love to have the Posts From Date default value be the date of the earliest post, and the Posts To Date default value be the most recent post. All the posts were created in 2021.

David

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi David,

When you set those options to “Date” and click into the text box below, you can choose the date you wish to show on the front-end: https://i.imgur.com/vqbuGwf.png
    If you leave it empty, then the placeholder text is displayed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

dpotter0540
    dpotter0540
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

What I understand is I can pre-select arbitrary dates for the placeholder values, but there is no available method for the plugin to automatically show as placeholder values the lowest and highest values of the data set. Is this right?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m afraid no, that is not possible, but sounds like a great suggestion. It never came up until now. I have added this to the possible future features list, it sounds like a great idea.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

dpotter0540
    dpotter0540
    Participant

Okay thanks, Ernest. as a fellow wp dev I’ve really enjoyed the care and quality you’ve put into this product. Thank you so much for all your efforts with creating and maintaining it.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.