Default Search Not Working After Ajax Install

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Default Search Not Working After Ajax Install

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sschoch
    sschoch
    Participant

Hi, Ernest:

I have run into another issue and suspect it might be related to Ajax Search Pro (which is working beautifully, by the way). As I said before, we have a multisite installation of WordPress, with four child sites (let’s call them A, B, C, and D). I created one Ajax search, which appears on Site D, which uses the HelpGuru theme, via a shortcode in a theme PHP file

Here’s the problem. Sites A, B, and C all use the Bootstrap theme. The default search for sites A and C have suddenly stopped working (searching returns a “No results found” message). The default search for site B, which also uses the Boostrap theme, works fine. I haven’t changed anything in the configuration of any of the sites except Site D.

Do you have any ideas about why this is happening?

Many thanks, Stephanie

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Stephanie,

The plugin does not (or at least it should not) affect the built in search in any ways, unless the query is made via the ajax search pro form directly.

I suggest temporarily deactivating ajax search pro and checking if the issue persist. I’m almost sure it will.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

sschoch
    sschoch
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I did ask you suggested and as you predicted, the search doesn’t work even if Ajax is Network Disabled.

I did try replacing the default search with Ajax Pro on site A. It worked wonderfully except that when I clicked on More Results…, it went to the same “Nothing found” search page. Do you think it might be a problem with the Bootstrap theme?

sschoch
    sschoch
    Participant

Hi, Ernest:

We found the problem–a conflict with the WPML plugin. Thank you for your message, though. You can close this ticket.

Stephanie

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Default Search Not Working After Ajax Install’ is closed to new replies.