Default theme search assist request

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Default theme search assist request

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fhumayun
    fhumayun
    Participant

Good day –
    Would you kindly assist with the replacement of the site’s default theme search ?
    I’m also very open to cool, new ways to integrate ajax-search-pro, and would love it if you’d provide a great way to showcase ajax-search-pro at the site.

Here’s a quick screencast illustrating the current issue: https://www.screencast.com/t/QWwSEV8A

Here’s additional, necessary info you’ll need to access the site using SFTP.

The SFTP port is 10022
    Remote Path to WP:
    /srv/www/seekeraftertruth.com/public_html

Many thanks,
    Faisal

• This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by fhumayun fhumayun. Reason: removed sensitive login info from public post
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Faisal,

Thank you very much for the proper details. I logged in via sFTP and looked up the header search location. It is hard-coded in the includes/header-search.php file, which made it not automatically replacable.

I made this same file in the child theme directory, and replaced the search source code with the plugin shortcode, you will find it in the salient-child/includes/header-search.php file. Now it will display the plugin search bar instead of the built in one.

I would also recommend adding this custom CSS code to have the plugin better positioned:

.wpdreams_asp_sc-1 {
      width: 90% !important;
      margin-top: 48px !important;
    }

Please note that this qualifies as a customization request, so I cannot guarantee that my solution will work properly in all cases. Nevertheless, I still hope I did help you out, the best way I could.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

fhumayun
    fhumayun
    Participant

Dear Ernest –
    Thank you so much for such incredible service. It was so unexpected that you went this great distance, and I’m just so delighted that you decided it was worth the effort and time. I appreciate it greatly, sir, and am loving the plugin already.
    I’ll definitely leave an awesome review for your plugin and for your outstanding service, and if you can think of anything else that I can do to help, please do let me know.

Once again, thanks for making it a great day for me,
    I very truly hope that you have a brilliant one too!

Best wishes,
    Faisal

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.