Deprecation error messages in ASP plugin when upgrading to php 8.2

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Deprecation error messages in ASP plugin when upgrading to php 8.2

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Peter Sippel
    Peter Sippel
    Participant

Hi. I was testing an upgrade to php 8.2 and I get a deprecation error:

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WPDRMS\ASP\Updates\Manager::$udpates_o is deprecated in /nas/content/live/tkcdev5stg/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/Updates/Manager.php on line 39

Obviously this is not php 8.2 compatible yet.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you, we are aware of this tiny issue, it is because of a typo in the variable name. Luckily it does not effect anything at all, it will be addressed in the upcoming release. You can safely ignore the deprecation notice.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Peter Sippel
    Peter Sippel
    Participant

OK, but the message pops up in the browser and my hosting company will upgrade 31st of October to 8.2
    So, when will the release be available ?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You should turn off WP_DEBUG and any level of error reporting for production, if this pops up in the browser then any minor notice will very likely show as well. Deprecation notices should not be shown only on test/dev interfaces.

There is no stable date yet, it is a major refactor. If you want I can suggest a quick fix, only a single file is affected.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Peter Sippel
    Peter Sippel
    Participant

Hi. Yes of course, the debug is only in dev env. If it doesn’t affect any funtionality I’m fine.

I have several topics which don’t work in ASP. Should I enter all in one ticket or each on it’s own ticket ?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It will be okay do not worry 🙂

I suggest opening a different ticket for them, just to have this separate.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.