- December 6, 2017 at 9:03 am #15739
i have two issues that i need help with and i hope you guys can help me out.
this site is the development site of https://www.theperspective.com, but it’s an exact copy of the original
1. sometimes the design of the search engine on this page http://dev.theperspective.com/debates/ breaks down, when this happens and we find up about it we purge the cache and everything is back to normal, i tried to inline the code, to cache the css and to use the styling system of the plugin, but sadly this still continues to happen, i hope you can help me with this one.
2. i’m trying to send search results to this page http://dev.theperspective.com/debate-topics/ which is the search page results page but for some reason it doesn’t take also i would like that pressing the search icon will send me directly to this page.
i thank you in advance,
YaronDecember 6, 2017 at 11:06 am #15743
1. It is very likely due to the site cache/CDN cache and local browser cache inconsistency, the plugin has no impact on it. I recommend turning off the cache until development, as caches are to perserve a static state of a page. Breaking design could mean that parts of the CSS were parsed from the browser local cache (or an older CSS file was automatically parsed, depending on header configuration), from a state when the plugin was not active. From the plugins perspective, there is nothing I can do about it unfortunately. The CSS files are enqueued properly via the recommended methods, so the rest is up to the caching solution. When making changes, I usually reload my browser cache and hit CTRL + SHIFT + R to clear the local cache during reload as well.
2. You can change the magnifier and return button events and the results page URL on the General Options -> Logic & Behavior panel: Documentation – Return key and magnifier icon click actionsBest,
That is probably what you are looking for.
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.