Different index table settings for different search instances

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Different index table settings for different search instances

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Monolab
    Monolab
    Participant

Dear Ernest,

We have a site, everything works, using index table, where the “Index content” switch is off (we search only in titles and excerpt).

However, we want to add a microsite now, with a custom post type, and a dedicated search instance. For this new custom type we want to search both title and content. Is it possible to do that? Maybe somehow 2 index tables? Or some filter excluding content when this new instance executes the search?

Thanks for your answer in advance!

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by Monolab Monolab.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, it is not possible to have 2 different index table configurations unfortunately.

I think the best and easiest option here is to not use the index table for one of the post types. I would probably choose the one where you only search the title/excerpt, and use the index table where the content is also searched. However if one post type has significantly more items and data, then use that for the index search regardless of the fields.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.