Different questions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    deinurlaubsdeal
    deinurlaubsdeal
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I purchased and installed the plugin. First of all: it is really awesome, great work!

Still I have some open questions which I hope you can solve with me:

1. Please see the test search bar I have configured by now: https://dein-urlaubsdeal.de/search-test/ -> when typing in a search for example „wellness“ the live search is triggered. I really like this feature. The loading time could maybe be even more fast. Do you have any advices? I have read https://documentation.ajaxsearchpro.com/performance-tuning/fine-tuning-the-search-configuration already. I am not sure if enabling „ajax handler“ will breake some other plugin. Are there any other ways to speed up the search or is it fast to you already?

2. By typing in a search keyword you can see that there is a circle loading in the middle of the page. This loading circle belongs to the theme I think but I do not know where it comes from. Do you have an idea how to turn that off since Ajax Search Pro already triggers a loading image?

3. Also I use Loco Translate to translate Themese/Plugins. I tried to find the strings to translate but it was not possible. For example I would like to translate the strings attached in the screenshot.

Thanks,
    Caio

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for your kind words!

1. I recommend trying the index table engine. That usually makes a great difference. The custom ajax handler is also a great idea – it will not conflict with anything. The disclaimer is mainly there, for WPML users, if the languages of the results are incorrect, they should turn it off.

2. That is indeed not part of the plugin. I assume the theme is automatically triggering it when the input value changes. You might have to ask the theme author if there is an option to disable that. If not, then maybe he can suggest a programmatical solution.

3. That is part of the theme as well, the plugin cannot affect the layout of that page. I assume you might be able to change them somewhere on the theme options.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

deinurlaubsdeal
    deinurlaubsdeal
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thanks for your reply.

I have installed index engine and activated it to the used search bar as described in the video tutorial. I also checked the written tutorial. I also enabled ajax handler for better performance. I hope this works good with index tables?

I just followed the instructions and created an index table and then changed the search bar to index table. But in my opinion the speed did not change a lot. Maybe I’m a bit to picky in this case?

Can you give a look and see if there is any other possibility of making the search more quicker? And did I understand correctly that if “Index new posts upon creation?” in the settings of Index Table will always add new posts automatically to the index and to the search engine?

Thanks,
    Caio

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

If you want, I can take a look at your configuration.

The overall search performance highly depends on the server configuration as well, but I can check of course.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

deinurlaubsdeal
    deinurlaubsdeal
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

The configuration seems to be just perfect, I’m afraid this is server/setup related. The performance tracker reports that the search process finishes within 0.29s on average, so the rest is take up by the whole wordpress application loading, theme, and all the other plugin loading time. Even when I enabled caching, the response time didn’t move, so it is definitely not the plugin causing the timeout. I can notice about the same delay on the loading of the back-end pages.

Turning off unused plugins, and overally reducing their number may free up some server resources, and potentially increase the peformance. Moving from shared hosts to VPS has also a great performance impact.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.