Disable plugin on search page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support Disable plugin on search page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bureaufeith
    bureaufeith
    Participant

Hi,

We’re using the plugin Related Posts pro on the website http://www.wereldreis.net. It works well, but the plugin is also loading on the search results page. Can we disable the plugin for the search result page, because the plugin ensures slow loading of the results.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I don’t see the plugin on the search page, am I doing something wrong? I’ve tried multiple search phrases, but it’s not visible on the search page for me. Or is the issue something else?

Can you please add temporary FTP and back-end details, in case I have to make adjustments to the code?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

bureaufeith
    bureaufeith
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I see, that makes sense. In this case, first, make sure that his option is disabled: https://i.imgur.com/gHcCY5O.png
    The search page is actually an archive page as well, so this should prevent the plugin from loading up.

If that does not work, then try placing this custom code into the functions.php file in your active theme directory (copy from line 3):

This will make sure to unload the content filters if the search query variable is detected.

PS: Please be careful when editing the theme files, always use an (s)FTP client, and make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

bureaufeith
    bureaufeith
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Disable plugin on search page’ is closed to new replies.