Display Issue

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #42220
    ithickguru
    ithickguru
    Participant

    Hi Guys,

    I created a Search that was working and displaying correctly using the Multiselect with search. However, for some reason whenever I put it onto a page now it appears to break.

    I’ve included a video of what is supposed to happen and what is actually happening. As you can see in the video not only is it not displaying correctly, it is not working correctly either due to this view. I’m not sure why it is acting like this due to it was working before…. I’ve tried different search instances, different pages and different layouts, different browsers (with and without cache) always the same result.

    I’ve also included some images of the settings.

    I do use Elementor.

    Thank you so much for your help.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #42223
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Thank you for all the details!

    From the video it looks like as some styles are either not refreshed or they might be overwritten by a 3rd party stylehseet. First, I recommend clearing all layers of cache, including browser, page, CDN, minify etc.. That alone may resolve the problem.

    If not, then it is very likely a CSS override, and that can be very hard to track down. For that I will have to be able to take a look at the issue directly.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #42224
    ithickguru
    ithickguru
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    #42226
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Thank you!

    It took me a while to figure this one out – and it was more complicated as it looked. The issue boiled down to something very strange, where the “artist_category” taxonomy was not yet initialized at the time when the search was checking for the filter types. Because the taxonomy was reported by WordPress as non-existing, the code generating the styles for the drop-down was never executing.

    I managed to resolve this with a bypass code edit, I replaced a piece of code in the plugin to ignore a warning, and proceed with the check nevertheless. This have resolved the problem.
    I will make sure to include this change in the ucoming release too.

    Because the search bar is hidden now, the order of the default ouptut may have changed, but you can still switch the settings and the results positions by using these shortcodes instead of the current:

    [wpdreams_asp_settings id=4 element='div']
    [wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=4]
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #42230
    ithickguru
    ithickguru
    Participant

    Ernest, I cannot thank you enough for your incredible help. From my pre-sale questions to the two issues I’ve had, you have been brilliant. Thank you so so much for your time, if I could buy you a pint I would!

    Honestly, your product and customer service have truly been amazing. I cannot say that enough.

    #42231
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.