Display results in new tab or window

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Display results in new tab or window

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rideralberta
    rideralberta
    Participant

Hi there,

1. How can we open search results in a new tab or window when clicking on the result?

2. Is there a way for each result to reveal those options when control-clicking on the search result (to open the OS options window)? That way, from the search list, I could select multiple results, one a time, opening them in their own tab.

This is essential for the research I do, having the ability to open multiple search results.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. On the Layout Options -> Results behavior panel you can enable that: https://i.imgur.com/CxvTGIa.png

2. This is not possible, at least not without a decent amount of custom coding. The control-clicking alone is not enough, as there is an additional action needed to trigger the opening of the selected results, perhaps as a right click/open context menu. That is not an easy task to achieve and maintain, given there are many different browsers and devices (including mobile phones).
    For customizations, I can recommend wpkraken, they have a dedicated team to work on orders, specifically on WordPress environments.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

rideralberta
    rideralberta
    Participant

Thanks Ernest.

1. Could you add an option to open in a new tab as well? I almost use that exclusively, as does everyone else in the office.

2. Thanks for the info!

rideralberta
    rideralberta
    Participant

Sorry… I should have tested that first. Opening it does create a new tab (which is a browser setting.)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

No problem, I’m glad it is working now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.