Does plugin work with GTranslate?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Does plugin work with GTranslate?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    timburkart
    timburkart
    Participant

Hello,

Does this plugin work with GTranslate? I have installed GTranslate on the site however when I perform a search from a translated page, the results are returned in English.

I would like the search results too be returned in the language of the translated page.

Thank you.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

GTranslate does not have an API (at least we are not aware of one), so we cannot forcefully make them compatible. GTransalte translates the contents on the fly, when they are printed to the page, it should be automatic. You might have to ask their support if they know how to force a translation programatically.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

timburkart
    timburkart
    Participant

Thank you for your reply, Ernest!

Does Ajax Search Pro work with any translation plugins?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes, WPML and Polylang are fully supported.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

timburkart
    timburkart
    Participant

Your responses have been quite helpful. I have one more question about the behavior of Ajax Search Pro with regard to GTranslate.

It would be nice if a query made on a translated page was returned on a translated page. For example, if I search for the word “quail” on this page:

https://gmoresearch.org/de/advanced-search/

I would like the results to be displayed on a translated page:

https://gmoresearch.org/de/?s=quail&asp_active=1&p_asid=3&p_asp_data=1&current_page_id=14432&qtranslate_lang=0&filters_changed=0&filters_initial=1&customset%5B%5D=gmo_article&aspf%5Bpublisher_name__3%5D=&aspf%5Bauthor__4%5D=&asp_gen%5B%5D=title&asp_gen%5B%5D=content

instead of this:

https://gmoresearch.org/?s=quail&asp_active=1&p_asid=3&p_asp_data=1&current_page_id=14432&qtranslate_lang=0&filters_changed=0&filters_initial=1&customset%5B%5D=gmo_article&aspf%5Bpublisher_name__3%5D=&aspf%5Bauthor__4%5D=&asp_gen%5B%5D=title&asp_gen%5B%5D=content

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, that would require some sort of an function, or any other API query to get the current language via gTranslate, then it is maybe doable. Let me know if there is any accessible developer API that I can look at.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.