Does the indexing also support the "s" search?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Does the indexing also support the "s" search?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    qwerty389
    qwerty389
    Participant

I feel the search is fast when it’s Ajax based, but what about the “s” search like https://mysite/?s=john+doe

I notice the speed is slow as if it’s not using index table. How can I speed this up?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes – the index table is used even for queries with quotes. Words in the quotes are treated as singular keywords, from search perspective there is almost no difference.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

qwerty389
    qwerty389
    Participant

Actually, I mean when I search a keyword, say “John” (without quotes) and hit Enter, the speed of search results appearing is rather slow compared to the ajax results. Ajax is like 3 seconds but search results on the page are like 30 seconds or more.

qwerty389
    qwerty389
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It will execute the same query for both the normal and the results pages. The live search is usually a bit faster, as WordPress does not have to load up all the front-end resorces, scripts, styles, most hooks etc..
    The search query is the same, if there is slowness, then it’s more likely due to an overhead. If you want I can debug it in place via FTP access though.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.