doesnt find CPT

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    darrel03
    darrel03
    Participant

it just doesnt work at all, installed several real estate plugins, didint find them, installed another CPT plugin, doesnt find them, doesnt work whatsoever. I created a CPT called FOOD. doesnt work, spent several hours with it

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for all the details, it helps me a lot.

I think the problem is, that hte food custom post type is not selected on the back-end. I checked the ‘Form 1’ search instance, but only the post and the page is chosen: https://i.imgur.com/MNHYwC2.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

darrel03
    darrel03
    Participant

yes i know, i left it open for you to test…….

can you please test it out? it doesnt work even when i add the category,

ill add the category again for you, can you please test this out and find out why its not working

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It appears to be working on my end. I see there is one post within the ‘food’ cpt called ‘Pizza’. If I search for it, I get it as result, see: https://i.imgur.com/e6Sf5RX.png

Can you please check that?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

darrel03
    darrel03
    Participant

i dont get it, used three different computers, screenshot is attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Because the keyword ‘food’ is nowhere to be found within the ‘Pizza’ post. The title is ‘Pizza’ the content is ‘is delicious’, but the word food is not there.
    You could maybe tag the post with the keywords and then enable searching the terms, or use the additional search keywords feature or maybe add the word into the post content.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

darrel03
    darrel03
    Participant

hmmm ok, so it cant find the actual CPT category? Is there a setting to change this?

darrel03
    darrel03
    Participant

i noticed it doesnt pick up any real estate CPT from real estate plugins, ive used several and had no luck, is this a limitation with the plugin?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

There is no option to search the CPT name, it had never been requested before actually. If you want, I can put this up to the requested features list, it should not be too complicated to implement into the upcoming release.

I have logged in again, but I cannot see any real estate post types at the moment. There is absolutely no limitation within the plugin regarding this, it is able to search any custom post type, that is selected under the General Options panel.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.