Don't index specific pages?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Don't index specific pages?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by PCC76 PCC76 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PCC76
    PCC76
    Participant

Hi. I have a problem that is occurring with pages that have large tables on them. (see uploaded error message screenshot)
    There are very large tables on the page via a short-code from the plugin wpDataTables, I was wondering if there is a way to specify pages not to be index?
    Otherwise the only way I can think to stop this is to make a separate post type and don’t index it at all.

Kind regards
    Dan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Well, there is no option on the back-end to ignore them, but if you don’t need the table contents at all, you can specify the datatables shortcode to be ingored completely: https://i.imgur.com/pLh6jfh.png

Another option is only programmatical. Try adding this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory. Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

add_filter('asp_post_content_before_tokenize_clear', 'asp_ignore_ids_content_index', 10, 2);
    function asp_ignore_ids_content_index( $content, $post ) {
    	$ids_to_ignore = array(1, 2, 3);		// Comma separated list of post/page/CPT ids

if ( in_array($post->ID, $ids_to_ignore) ) {
    		return '';
    	}

return $content;
    }

Change the $ids_to_ignore variable to add the post/page or other custom post type IDs to be ignored by the content indexer.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

PCC76
    PCC76
    Participant

Thank you for your help. I will try the advanced menu options.
    Is there a way to wildcard or will it pick up anything from before the =, i.e this is a shortcode
    [table id=1 /]

Could i put table_id, and it would ignore all following table numbers??

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by PCC76 PCC76.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.