Don't Show Other Results

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by BryanCollege BryanCollege 10 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BryanCollege
    BryanCollege
    Participant

Hi, I was wondering how I could have my search only return matches from one category. I have excluded all other categories, and grouped by category on the Advanced Options screen. However, the search is still pulling results from all pages. I tried setting a couple of pages to Uncategorized, and ensured that those were told to be excluded, but it still returns all.

Additionally, it is putting all of my results under “Other Results”, even those in the category I’d like to search within.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Bryan!

Thank you for providing administrator login, but it doesn’t seem to work. Can you please check that? Also, is it possible to provide me temporary ftp access as well? It would speed up the debugging process 🙂

Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

BryanCollege
    BryanCollege
    Participant

Sorry about that, the login should now work. Where should I send you the FTP info? Will it be public if I put it in a reply here?

BryanCollege
    BryanCollege
    Participant

Any update? Do you need me to re-send my login credentials?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sorry, I must have missed your last message. I will check it now.
    If you edit the first post you made, the info wont be public. If you cant, then you can put it into a txt file and upload that in your next reply. (files are not public, only reply content is)

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Ok, I see why is that. Normally pages don’t have categories. (I guess you have a plugin installed for this, or the template is allowing this) Let me see if I can change the search code to bypass that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I have removed the bypass from the code. If I’m right, you should see the proper posts in the proper categories grouped in the results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

BryanCollege
    BryanCollege
    Participant

That did the trick. Thanks for your help, your support level is fantastic!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.