Double search result and autocomplete on mobile

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Double search result and autocomplete on mobile

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jarek Wityk
    Jarek Wityk
    Participant

Hello

Not sure what had happened but I think that I recently changed some setting and now when doing search on https://www.projectdesign.io/knowledgehub/
    The first result appears twice – any Idea what can cause this?

the second query I have is how to use the auto complete on mobile device? On desktop when I start typing the autocomplete works perfect and before finish typing I can just click on right arrow to accept the sugestion. But on mobile although the auto suggestions works, I am not sure how to select/accept the suggestion. Any advice on how should I use the function on mobile device would be great.

Thank you and have a great day.

Jarek

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jarek,

Thank you for the details!

I tried a few phrases, but everything seems to be okay on our ends: https://i.imgur.com/gLajgGS.png
    Is there a specific phrase we can try?

As for the mobile autocomplete – there is currently no way to finish them, it is more of a visual tool only. It will be reworked eventually for a drop-down style autocomplete, but we need to be careful with implementation, because the default search results are also working that way, and can very easily turn into a UI nightmare.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Jarek Wityk
    Jarek Wityk
    Participant

Yes looks like is not happening with all terms,
    Please try searching for:
    BIM
    Lead

I also attached screenshots

What do you think?

Regards
    Jarek

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay – I recall someone a few months ago had a very similar issue. Then we found, that he was using the wrong widget, as he wanted to filter an archive page – which is not possible.
    Make sure, that you are using the search in combination with the Elementor Posts Widget (not the Posts Archive widget), and not on an Archive page (like category, taxonomy, tag etc.. archives, except for the actual search results page) via a custom template of some sort. Archive pages are very problematic, and will not work for most cases.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Jarek Wityk
    Jarek Wityk
    Participant

Ernest

Thank you. I understood the Archive page is the one to go if you want to display all your posts, and I wanted to use your search to navigate through. I have used the Post Widget not the Posts Archive widget but I used it on Archive page.

So if I understand correctly I would have to create a Page and insert the Post Widget with Ajax search instead?

Jarek Wityk
    Jarek Wityk
    Participant

Ernest
    I created a new page as a test, and on the page added the post widget.
    https://www.projectdesign.io/hub/
    Here I have posts, on page and using past widget, and still have the same issue.

It wasn’t like this before, it is something I changed in the settings but I don’t remember what …

Any ideas?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The proble is, that the search can not produce duplicate results at all, it is not possible. The query has a distinctive directive on the Post IDs, so there is no way for the databse to output the same item twice.
    If you try the live search on the back-end, you can see that there are no duplicates, and these same results are “pushed” for Elementor to display. For example this filter agains the back-end.

I feel like this might be some sort of a conflict within Elementor somewhere, something gets mixed up, but I can’t see why. My guess is, that maybe the custom template has something in relation with the problem.

Can you please try what happens, if you put this into an Elementor page, which does not use a custom template?

Also, can you please add temporary FTP access? I would love to debug the query itself, to see what exactly is going on.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Jarek Wityk
    Jarek Wityk
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Jarek Wityk
    Jarek Wityk
    Participant

Ernest

I found what was happening. When I had one post set as ‘sticky’ then search for any phrase which happened to be first term/phrase in the given category would appear twice. I guess the first instance instead of the sticky post and the second as the result of the search.

I now removed the ‘sticky’ option from my post re-indexed the page and everything works

Hopefully it makes sense ?

Please let me know if you coud fix it, so I can use the sticky option

Regards

Jarek

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Oh thank you, that is fantastic to know.

Was this sticky option set within Elementor somewhere, or in WordPress, if I may ask? I would like to know for future references.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.