Dropdown results on mobile, cant scroll down without it jumping to the top

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Dropdown results on mobile, cant scroll down without it jumping to the top

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jerry Hoffman
    Jerry Hoffman
    Participant

Hello,
    On our mobile search bar for Jetsetty.com, after getting the search results on the drop down, I cannot scroll down without the drop-down jumping back to the top of the page. Here’s a screencast to show what I mean-
    https://www.loom.com/share/968f44c9afcf4b1ca31238093aa216af

Thank you,
    Jerry Hoffman
    Jetsetty.com

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try adding a maximum height for the results container here: https://i.imgur.com/lN2LIEt.png
    I usually recommend units of “vh” aka viewport height, because it scales with the device height. A value around 60vh should be very close to what you need.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Jerry Hoffman
    Jerry Hoffman
    Participant

Hi,

We still have this issue with a couple others regarding mobile. The search results dropdown is too wide, not on the right side as I believe I have it configured, no scroll bar available and when I click more results, it cycles through them but doesn’t load them. On the preview, there is the scrollbar.

Here’s a screencast-

https://www.loom.com/share/335aa26e812f455488aad94c6e4b49dc

Thank you!
    Jerry Hoffman
    Jetsetty.com

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Jerry,

I logged in and found two issues actually. One was the results container width settings. You had a 50% and 60vw setting for mobiles and tablets. While these are okayish for most cases, in your setup is not going to work, as the plugin container is in a sticky header element, which is in a fixed position, so snapping the search results to the container will be very problematic.
    For now I have changed them to 480px and 320px values. Those should work much better.

The scrollbar is not working, because there is a javascript issue thrown on the main javascript console, and is caused by some sort of a script “cmbv2.js” – which seems to be conditionally loading the plugin scripts, but it fails, and it also does some extra code incjection, which does not work whatsoever.
    It looks like it is related to a cache minify of some sort maybe. If you turn that off so the scripts can load normally, it will then properly load the scrollbar script.
    When I am logged in, the issue is not present and everything works okay, so this is only configured for visitors, and not logged in users – not sure if that helps.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.